So over the past week I've pushed out several updates to this site. First I went ahead and changed the design somewhat. I like it better now, it seems less dark than before. Also, I cleaned up the page generation on the backend by increasing the modularity of all the pages. The CSS also got cleaned up and I've been doing work on the php backend that I hope should make pages faster, not to mention easier to code with.
I also brought back comments but added a captcha to prevent the hordes of comment spam that I was getting before. Maybe we'll see a comment now and then. There's also a pager at the bottom so that past posts are viewable now, as well as permalinks to posts (where you can also post comments). All this also allowed me to get my RSS feed validated (structure wise at least, I still have to edit some posts to validate the feed).